Let’s start the new year by marking Web Summer Camp 2018 in our calendars for another summer week filled with quality hands-on and engaging web-oriented workshops.
What do we know?
After another successful summer camp in 2017, we decided to stay in a charming town of Rovinj once again, with Lone Hotel being our venue. We are not changing the dates of the conference either – from August 29 to September 1, 2018, we will welcome you once again to our conference.
We are already planning new after-workshop activities, but the most important thing stays the same – focus is on web-oriented hands-on and engaging workshops of high quality.
On the event website, we prepared a must-read info for all who plan to attend the Camp. On our Travel page, find advice on how to travel to and from Rovinj while the Location page contains information about the venue and accommodation options.
Keep your eyes and ears open – info on the tickets, Call for Papers, Companion track, and other important news is coming soon. To stay up to date, sign up for the #websc newsletter.
#websc 2017 workshop videos
As has been the custom in the previous years, for this holiday season we are releasing Web Summer Camp 2017 workshop videos. All PHP, eZ, and JS workshops are already available for watching while UX workshops have slides, exercises, and photos attached.
- Middleware architectures in PHP with Zend Expressive; by Marco Perone & Stefano Maraspin
- Building APIs in an easy way using API Platform; by Paula Čučuk & Antonio Perić-Mažar
- Lean and functional domain modelling; by Marcello Duarte
- Basic CQRS and Event Sourcing with Prooph; Marco Pivetta
- Symfony Flex: The easier, faster, and brand new look of Symfony; by Ryan Weaver
- Add search to your PHP apps; by Hannes Van De Vreken
- Real-life use cases leveraging Solr power; by Petar Španja
- EzCoreExtraBundle in practice; by Jérôme Vieilledent
- Migrating legacy back-office modules in a future-proof way; by Edi Modrić
- Introduction to the Hybrid eZ Platform UI; by André Rømcke
- Hands-on: HTTP caching with Varnish; by David Buchmann & Hrvoje Knežević
- Extending eZ Platform REST API for building decoupled sites and applications; by Jani Tarvainen & Antonin Savoie
- They came for the offline-first, but they stayed for the performance; by Jason Lengstorf
- Universal JS web applications with React; by Luciano Mammino
- Supercharged React Native development with Shoutem; by Željko Rumenjak & Tomislav Rukavina
- Web of Things – Peer to Peer Web; by Princiya Marina Sequieira
- Building a better login with the credential management API; by James Allerdice
Find all new info on the Camp's website. For regular updates, sign up for the newsletter or follow all news on Facebook and Twitter. If you prefer photo stories, #websc Instagram is the right place for you. We are here for all your questions, simply write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you in Rovinj, Croatia on August 29 - September 1, 2018!