After 6 months of delay, finally, the episode #19 of The eZ Publish Show was aired today. Topic of the show was the new eZ Platform (new stack based on Symfony PHP framework) but from the Symfony community point of view.
Actually, eZ is not the only product popping up for the Symfony community to embrace. There are more great products emerging too, I wrote a blog post on the topic few days ago on the KNP blog.
Regarding this show I am very grateful to my guests:
- Ryan Weaver, US head and Symfony dev at KNPLabs & writer for KNPUniversity
- Stig Martin Fiskå, senior web strategist at Keyteq
- Ekkehard Dörre, eZ Publish specialist at Coolscreen
- Bruno Škvorc, PHP Managing Editor at Sitepoint.com
- its easier to learn eZ new stack for a Symfony developer than for a legacy eZ developer
- eZ Publish API is decoupled and not dependent on Symfony
- Symfony developers are generally more involved in web application development, but they might consider eZ Platform for content driven development (via Ryan)
- installation should be easier especially on development environments like Vagrant, Docker or similar (via Bruno)
- eZ is a very good choice for enterprise level content management (via Stig)
- new eZ should be natural for Symfony developers, if they stay away from legacy (via Ekke)